1. Get familiar with and explore your topic using Google, popular magazines, newspapers, Wikipedia and so on. But do not cite them!
2. Narrow down your topic with books and reference books found from the library's online catalog.
4. Find journal articles about your topic from the library's online databases.
1. Identify the concepts and their synonyms in your topic/problem.
2. Build your search statement using boolean operators (AND, OR , and NOT), and wildcards and truncations. Connect your concepts with "AND", and connect the synonyms of each concept with "OR".
3. Do the initial search and examine the results.
4.Go back and modify your initial search and possibly repeat the re-search process.
5. Save or export the articles you have found for your topic.