Ask A Librarian
See Ask A Librarian page for additional options.
Print - Copy -Fax
- KSL computers link to 2 high speed, black & white, high volume printers. All printing costs 5 cents a page, and you can pay with with your CaseOneCard, coin, $1 or $5 bills. Printers are on the main floor and second floor. For locations, check our Maps.
- All library users can make color prints for free with Knowta, advertising supported printing. Pages print at an 8.5”x14” size with a micro-perforation so you can easily remove the ads and coupons from the bottom of the page
- KSL photocopiers are on the main floor and third floor, so you can photocopy books and journals. Copies cost ten cents a page on digital copiers, and you can pay with your CaseOneCard, coin, $1 or $5 bills. For locations, check our Maps.
- Consultation, printing, and online scheduling for posters makes poster creation easy for your Research ShowCASE, class project, or conference presentation. KSL has a large format printer located in the Center for Statistics and Geospsatial Data (In Freedman Center-1st floor)
Things You Need To Know
Welcome To Kelvin Smith Library
Kelvin Smith Library (KSL) is the main library supporting the teaching and research of Case Western Reserve University with emphasis given to the College of Arts and Sciences, the Case School of Engineering and the Weatherhead School of Management. We are located between Thwing Student Center and Severance Hall. There are two branch libraries: Kulas Music Library and the Astronomy Library.
Beginning early in the fall and spring semesters, we are open 24/7 for your convenience. For details on all service and building hours visit KSL Hours.
Kelvin Smith Contact Information
- Main Service Desk: (216) 368-3506
- Reference Desk: (216) 236-3KSL (216-236-3575)
- Ask a Librarian - Ask a question by Live Chat, E-mail, Phone or Instant Messaging.
- Hours Webpage
KSL Floor Maps - Find the books, journals, copiers, study rooms and more.
KSL Reference/Subject Librarians - have a question, need help on your research? Contact the librarian in your subject area. We are here to help you.
Other Case Libraries
In addition to Kelvin Smith Library there are several other campus libraries serving the professional schools.
- Health Sciences - Cleveland Health Sciences Library
- Law School - Judge Ben C. Green Law Library
- Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences - Lillian F. & Milford J.Harris Library
Case Affiliated Libraries - Affiliated Libraries
If you have a Case ID card, you have prvileges at the Case affiliate libraries:
- Cleveland Institute of Art- Gund Library
- Garber Library
- Cleveland Institute of Music - Robinson Music Library offers limited borrowing privileges
Check with the individual library if you have questions.
Graduate/Faculty Research Commons
This space is located on the 2nd floor of Kelvin Smith Library. Access is limited to currently enrolled graduate students and faculty. You must have your Case ID to enter. This is a space dedicated for scholarly reading and research. By pre-arrangement it maybe used for selected events for faculty and graduate students.
Study Carrels/Group Study Rooms
- KSL offers graduate student study carrels via an annual lottery, held each September the week after the Labor Day holiday.
- Read more...
- These rooms are available on the lower level of KSL and on the 3rd floor.
- Usage is on first come first served basis.
- Rooms are intended for group work (2 or more people) that requires conversation and consultation that might interfere with the quiet in other areas.
- Each room is equipped with a 42 inch wall monitor with Hi-Def and VGA connections and comfortable furniture.