Please make sure you authenticate with the wireless network BEFORE you login!
RefWorks Webinars & Classes
If you are intersted in arranging a learning session for your Case department, lab, class, or group; please contact Yuening at email@example.com
Upcoming sessions and recordings:
As of December 9th, 2013 RefWorks users will no longer be required to enter a group code when logging in to their RefWorks account(s) off-campus or outside of their institutional IP range. This improvement comes at the request of numerous RefWorks users and administrators and serves to simplify the RefWorks login process. There are several cases where the group code will still be needed, either temporarily or permanently:
Logging In to Your Account
If you are a current RefWorks user, simply log in to your RefWorks account as you have done in the past. The removal of the group code will not affect how you normally log in to your account.
New users that do not yet have a RefWorks account must be on-campus (or within a registered IP range for your Institution) or accessing RefWorks through proxy server when initially creating an account. This is so RefWorks can attach the user to a subscription. Once the new user has set up their account they will be able to log in from any location, with or without proxy authentication, using only the login name and password.
Logging in to Write-N-Cite
The RefWorks development team will be removing the need for the group code when logging in to WNC 4 in an upcoming release. Until then, users will log in with WNC4 using the current method, either group code/login name/password or with the authentication code. Use the group code, login name and password or the login code provided after logging into RefWorks on the WNC login page.
WNC III users will continue logging in with their group code/login name/password or via proxy configuration if off-campus. Refworks will not be removing the group code requirement from the WNC III login page.
In order to downlod the correct version of Write-N-Cite for Windows, please first figure out your Office is 32-bit or 64-bit. The information can be found here.
Please also download all the prerequisites that have not been installed on your computer. The installation of Write-N-Cite will not be finished until you download and install all the required prerequisites. For more information, please click on Write-N-Cite 4 Installation Troubleshooting.
Refworks is pleased to announce that latest version of Write-N-Cite 4 for Windows which includes the following items:
- Compatibility with locally installed versions of Word 2013
This version (4.2.1141) also resolves the following issues:
- Users were unable to continue writing papers after disconnecting from internet access
- OpenURL links not showing both in-text or within a bibliography
- Users received an “Unable to Connect” error when multiple proxies are deployed at an institution
- In some instances, the auto-sync folder feature was not syncing correctly
- Converting formatted papers with output styles that had superscripted in-text citations to styles that do not contain superscript no longer incorrectly retain superscripted in-text citations
- Incompletely defined output styles and output styles defined with numeric citations without citation ranges no longer produces the error “Object reference is not set to an instance of an object”
- Miscellaneous spacing issues when stylized text is defined in a style
Write-N-Cite 4 for Windows is compatible with the following applications:
· Microsoft Word 2007, 2010 and 2013
· Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8
Janaury 31, 2012
There have been some reports that users are not able to get into their account when they are connected to VPN. Some have reported being asked for the group code. If this happens to you, please close your browser and try logging into RefWorks again. Make sure that you still have an active VPN connection. If this does not fix the problem, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 23, 2012
RefWorks has released the all new Write-n-Cite 4 for Mac users. This is now available to dowload within your account in the Tools section. The new W-n-C allows for seemless working online or offline with your references. Remeber to check compatibility requirements for your Mac and Word versions before you install.
PC users: an all new version of Write-n-Cite is coming for you too! RefWorks is anticipating releasing W-n-C 4 for Windows in a few weeks (around mid-February). Stay tuned here for an announcement of its availability.
And as always, please send your RefWorks related questions to email@example.com
Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011: RefWorks Group Codes Announcement Starting early in 2012, users will be able to log into RefWorks with just their username and password.
What is RefWorks?
Before you use RefWorks it helps to understand what it is and how it works.
RefWorks is an online system where you can store references and citations in preparation of writing a paper or doing a presentation. RefWorks uses a system of folders to organize your citations. You can create as many folders as needed, move citations between folders, and rename or delete folders. The 3 main features of RefWorks are:
- storing & organizing your citations
- creating correctly formatted bibliographies
- creating in-text references
Why should you use RefWorks?
- It's free to all students and employees of Case Western Reserve University
- It's simple to use- yet very powerful
- Access and manage your information online from any browser
- It stores your citations in the cloud so you can access them anywhere you have internet access.
- RefWorks is available in several language interfaces
- Your RefWorks account remains active upon your graduation, allowing for life-long access.