- October 2013
- SciFinder now features a new version of the CAS Structure Editor that does not require the use of a Java plugin. The Java version of the editor is still available. For more information on the plugin-free, Non-Java CAS Structure Editor, please visit here.
- June 2013
- The new SciFinder is now available to all authorized users! To see What's New in SciFinder, please click here to learn about the sleek new design and capabilities, and start exploring today.Important Reminder: The new SciFinder does not support Internet Explorer 6. To ensure the best SciFinder experience, please see the recommended browser list in SciFinder Systems Requirements.
- May 2013
- Two online reference titles have been acquired by Kelvin Smith Library.
Handbook of porphyrin science (vol. 1-35).
Vol. 1-25 are published. To access, please search by "Handbook of Porphyrin Science" in the library's catalog under "Title". Here is the link to Volume 1.To learn more about the unpublished volumes, please click here.
Handbook of fuel cells: fundamentals, technology, and applicationsKSL also has both online and print copies.
The switch between the old and new interfaces of Reaxys is from April 2 to June 1, 2013. After June 1st, only the new interface will be available.
The improvements in Reaxys include: extended coverage, query tabs, creating structures, and data search forms. The NEW features include the analysis view, autoplan of synthesis planning, and reporting and communication. More information about the new Reaxys can be found here
- January 2013
- Three RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) journals have been added to the collection: Nanoscale (2009-present), Polymer Chemistry (2010-Present), and Soft Matter (2005-present) have been added to our e-journal list.
- October 2012
- A trial has been set up for three RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) journals: Nanoscale, Polymer Chemistry, and Soft Matter. Access is IP based. Please make sure you have VPN running if you are not on the University's network.Trial will end on Dec 31st, 2012. Access is available for both current and past issues of the three titles. Please click here to access.
- June 2012
- SciFinder Academic Unlimited Access Program now Available
KSL is pleased to announce that Case now has unlimited access to SciFinder. The Academic Unlimited Access Program no longer restricts SciFinder use by concurrent seats. Current students and faculty from all departments at Case can get access to CAS content. Under this program, CAS will provide at least 95 percent access.
- May 2012
- The latest update of SciFinder offers features that boost search convenience. The new features include direct searching of substance properties, converting CAS Registry Numbers® to structures, and convenient preview of substance and reference answer sets with Quick View. For more information, please click here.
- March 2012
- KSL purchased Organic Reactions published by Wiley. Organic Reactions has 74 volumes that collect important synthetic reactions, together with a discussion of the reaction and tables that organize all published examples of the topic reactions. Organic Reactions currently consists of over 140,000 reactions, and will continue to grow annually. Articles can be searched by title, reaction type or chemical structure.J
- February 2012
- New SciFinder features help researchers quickly find substances most relevant to their research
To help you quickly find the substance information most relevant to your research, SciFinder has been enhanced with new bioactivity and target indicator features and substance relevance ranking.To learn more about these features and other enhancements, visit here.
OhioLINK's Electronic Journal Center (EJC) can be used to search in more than 3.4 million historic articles from Elsevier. More information can be found here.
- October 2011
- KSL has a trial of Organic Reactions Volumes 1 through 24 from Wiley. Organic Reactions provides access to reactions since 1942 and artilces can be searched by title, reaction type or structure. The trial will end on November 3rd, 2011. Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 2011
- OhioLINK has purchased the entire Elsevier backfiles. They are not loaded onto OhioLINK servers yet and you can access them directly at the publisher website with VPN connection. For more information about this purchase, please click here.
- August 2011
- April 2011
- Check out the new SciPlanner inside SciFinder :
- February 2011
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- ChemDraw upgrade to ChemBioDraw, check KSL database list.
- Need training for Reaxys, please contact the Chemistry Librarian.